Experienced Linux system engineer and architect with comprehensive knowledge about Linux operating system, networking and virtualization.
Skills include deploying, migrating and managing Linux infrastructure, designing and implementing system tools and automating operational tasks with attention to documentation, standardization and procedures.
I have a wide range of Linux knowledge from the basics to the advanced level of applications, virtualization and technologies to maintain large systems.
I have worked with agile methods like Scrum.
Interested in: Amazon all services, All type of virtualization, Linux administering
Alexandrosz Papadimitropulosz’s Experience
Linux system administrator
People Interactive AB
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Software industry
December 2012 – Present (1 year 4 months) Stockholm, Sweden
- Managing and building infrastructure and platform based on linux servers.
- Installing and managing Logstash-ElasticSearch-Kibana(old and new) for central monitoring and log parsing.
- Setting up and managing server environments based on Proxmox virtualization platform.
- Managing Proxmox cluster: addnodes, iscsi, backup-restore
- Designing and maintaining a large scale software automation system based on Puppet.
- Installing and configuring server and infrastructure monitoring based on Nagios.
- Creating and verifying custom Amazon Machine Images (AMI) in multiple regions.
- Automating Amazon EC2 and RDS maintenance tasks.
- Helping team members in Linux administration tasks.
- Writing system documentation
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Entertainment industry
March 2013 – June 2013 (4 months) Stockholm, Sweden
- Setting up Amazon staging environment, creating testing environment with Amazon instances.
- Automatic updates for Amazon Route53 dns system. Advanced usage of Amazon IAM roles.
- Advanced usage of Amazon VPC and NAT instances.
- Creating Amazon Cloudformation templates, working with stacks.
- Private Amazon AMI image creation processes.
- Managing Amazon autoscaling systems(ASG,LC,LB,scaling policies, metrics), writing system documentation and presentations.
Cloud team member
Nokia Siemens Networks
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; NOK; Telecommunications industry
April 2011 – November 2012 (1 year 8 months) Budapest, Hungary
- Migration of the company’s own software to the cloud using Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
- Improving continuous integration servers.
- Creating and verifying custom Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Using Amazon AWS console tools to manage instances.
- Using and manage private cloud servers and instances based on Eucalyptus.
- Developing tools chains. Interact with several other development teams.
- Using scrum and agile methods.
March 2009 – April 2011 (2 years 2 months) Budapest, Hungary
- Webhosting company, installing and managing Linux servers.
- Linux webhosting (apache-lighttpd-php, mysql, virtualhosting, dns, postfix).
- High Avaliability (varnish, ipvsadmin, redis, drbd, HA-cluster).
- Fully redundant and fault tolerant systems (LVS).
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Xen virtualized servers and domains.
- Building centralized configuration management (fai, cfengine).
- MySQL database server administration (replication, multi-mastering).
- Server monitoring system (nagios, ninja-merlin, munin, awstats, webalizer, monitorix, smokeping, cacti).
- Maintaining more than 1.000 servers.
- Working with various nosql systems (mongo, redis, voldemort, cassandra).
Gigamad & Sessionbase
March 2005 – March 2009 (4 years 1 month) Budapest, Hungary
- Linux webhosting companies.
- Working with centralized monitoring system (nagios, munin, awstats, webalizer, monitorix, smokeping).
- Implementing Mikrotik routers and router management.
- Controlling and monitoring network protocolls (p2p, rtsp, pptp, ipsec, stb).
- Building database servers (MySQL NDB cluster, Oracle, Postgresql).
- Database server administration.
- Developing a deployment system for updates (SVN versioning and rsync to deploy).
- Backing up and replicating databases and synchronizing servers for fault tolerance.
Alexandrosz Papadimitropulosz’s Languages
- English (Professional working proficiency)
- Hungarian (Native or bilingual proficiency)
- Greek (Limited working proficiency)
- Swedish (Limited working proficiency)